- Good Speed Results
- Intuitive to Use
- Expensive in comparison to other VPNs
- Standard package can’t unblock Netflix
- Only 12 locations & 19 server
- Better Alternative: Surfshark (only 1.99$ per month)
Do You Like the Review? Share It!
VirtualShield is a VPN (virtual private network) that lets you browse the web anonymously, and with full safety. It has been created to offer full protection and privacy while surfing the web, and comes with the support of a secure, reliable and fast network.
On the right you can see a screenshot of the VPN program.
In this review I will take a look how good this VPN really is.
Watch the Virtual Shield Review as a Video
Click below to receive bonus code for Virtual Shield:
Let’s Start with the Virtual Shield VPN Features
The VPN needs a paid subscription. At the time of writing, VirtualShield is providing customers with as many as 6 auto-renewal subscription options – ranging from 1 to 12 months.
While the VPN service is being used, you can have your traffic routed via encrypted and secure servers. Thus, there is bypassing of any blocks, censorship or restrictions on your internet connection or activities.
Virtual Shield VPN Location and Server
The VPN software offers in the standard package:
- 12 Locations (US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Australia, Netherlands, Singapore, Switzerland, India, Japan & Serbia)
- 19 Server
The network offers full security to your data. Up to 256-bit encryption is used for safeguarding data from third parties, hackers and major corporations. Users can confidently surf from any public WiFi hotspot with the assurance that their data is completely protected.
Virtual Shield Supported Hardware and Operating Systems
- Virtual Shield can be set up on any device, and it works on every big platform. (Windows, MacOS, Chrome Plugin, Firefox Plugin, Opera Plugin, Android App, iOS App)
VirtualShield can easily safeguard the identity of every user on its network. It is reputed for its ability to protect your browsing history and web browser. The VPN network can protect your online banking activities, conversations, emails, passwords and much more. While using the network, you can be confident that your online traffic is completely safeguarded – irrespective of your chosen hardware or operating system.
Only a Linux client, Router client or the possibility to use a third party tool like OpenVPN is not supported.
Virtual Shield VPN Trial Period
Virtual Shield offers a trial period of:
- 30 days – No question asked – money back guarantee
In addition you can easily manage your subscriptions and the auto-renewal can be deactivated by moving to the Account Settings of users following purchase.
Just Two Ports to Choose From
The VPN program offers two ports to choose from. This can be helpful if you are located in a network that is blocking certain ports. (school or the office)
In this case that are the ports:
- UDP (Port 1194)
- TCP (Port 110)
If you need a VPN that offers more ports (there is a chance that these ports are blocked in your network if you are not at home). You should take a look at Surfshark. Surfshark comes with 10 ports.
Usability of the Virtual Shield VPN
Purchase, Download and Installation are Very Easy
This is one of the most conveniently usable VPNs to be found today. You can register easily and install it on various platforms. It is easy to use it as an extension on online browsers such as Chrome, Opera and Firefox.
After creating a user name and choosing a password, you can download the app easily from the website or from the app store and instantly start using the VPN.
There are no complex set of instructions offered by this VPN to fiddle with the Internet settings of your device. You can start using it immediately without the need to overcome any learning curve. This is a very non-intimidating and easy to use VPN product.
Virtual Shield is All in All a Easy Program to Use!
This VPN handles much of the technical work on your behalf. It automatically chooses the best settings for your area and device. Some VPN tunneling protocols are chosen for various devices.
The VPN can protect more than one device. The company has designed plans to let businesses and families connect simultaneously to a secure network and at a competitive price.
The complete encryption of the WiFi network ensures that you never have to use any public WiFi hotspot without any protection. The network lets you fully encrypt your Wireless Fidelity connection and block anyone – including hackers – from accessing any data or snooping into your activities on the web.
The Downside You Can’t Bypass Netflix’s Country Restriction
Yes that is correct you can’t bypass Netflix’s country restriction with the standard package. However you can buy an “Unrestricted Streaming” package for 9.99$ per month. Honestly I find this too expensive and haven’t tried it.
If you want to bypass Netflix’s country restriction I would look for a cheaper VPN. I can recommend you Surfshark they have a package for 1.99$ per month.
Another Minus Point Several Functions are “Coming Soon”
As you can see in the screenshot below there are several functions in the Virtual Shield that are not yet developed. Because of this the program looks not 100% finished and a bit like it is still in a beta test.
You Can Download Torrents with Virtual Shield
The good news you can download torrents with the Virtual Shield! As you can see below I am test downloading a Ubuntu distribution and that with a great speed.
For Several other Functions You Need to Upgrade
For several functions you need to pay extra. As I wrote above you can’t bypass Netflix’s country restriction without an extra package. These are the extra packages you can purchase:
I have not tested any of the listed packages above since they are fairly expensive.
Virtual Shield Price and Subscription
At the time you are reading this review, VirtualShield is offering 4 subscription options. These include:
- 10.99$ – 1 Month
- 5.99$ per month – 1 Year Subscription
- 4.99$ per month – 2 Year Subscription
- 3.44$ per month – 3 Year Subscription
The subscription option is for 3 devices
This is not a cheap price for a VPN only the long term subscription (2 & 3 year) is reasonable priced. Other VPN provider offer better bang for the buck to the customers.
Take a look at my article: 6 dirt cheap VPN provider for under 2.5$ per month to save some money.
Virtual Shield Support – Friendly and Nice
The company offers customer support on a 24/7 basis through email and Live Chat feature. You can always have friendly and polite customer support staffs waiting to take your queries on the other end, and addressing your concerns with efficiency. You can get satisfactory responses for each of your questions.
It is possible to submit a request for support online, via the app or through the contact form that is present on the company website. You will be given a support ticket and a member of the customer support staff will get in touch with you to offer the kind of technical assistance that you need.
The Knowledgebase section present on the website for VirtualShield can be a great resource for information on how to use the network and address the common issues that can arise while you are on the VPN. You can also find more information about the network from its online profiles on social networking websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Support – Missing is a Live Chat and a Hotline
What I am missing is a live chat and a hotline that you can call by phone. This is not a big issue but other VPN provider are offering this service.
How Fast is the Virtual Shield ? Speedtest!
The VirtualShield network is very fast and reliable, and is backed by super fast servers. You can get premium bandwidth that offers high-speed connection to surf on. There is the chance to use unlimited internet on your WiFi connection.
Whether it comes to reading or sending emails, surfing the web or using VOIP, any activity that needs the use of internet is easily possible with this private network. You can connect very easily to any of the super fast VPN servers of Virtual Shield with only a few taps.
My Internet Speed Without VPN
Take a look below to see my speedtest without a VPN connection.
Internet Speed with Virtual Shield Connection
Ane here is the internet speed with a Virtual Shield connection.
It is possible to connect to any public WiFi Hotspot, whether you in a café, hotel, airport or any other location. You can also access the internet while traveling, particularly when you are connected to your hotel WiFi. It is also possible to make an online purchase with full security for your transaction details, given that the network is fully encrypted.
There are numerous VPN locations that are present across Asia, Europe, Australia and America.
Pros of the Virtual Shield VPN
- VirtualShield can be downloaded very easily, and used on any device that runs on the Android platform or any other top operating system such as Windows or iOS. It can also work on the top browsers of present times, which include Chrome, Firefox and Opera that are used by millions of online surfers today.
- There are numerous locations for this VPN across Australia, Asia, Europe and America. Americas can be connected in any area where there is a public WiFi Hotspot, whether it is a hotel, airport or café.
- Any casual or business activity is possible with this VPN, including using VOIP, reading or writing email, making a hotel reservation or booking a flight. Virtually any online activity is made easy with this high speed internet connection, which is very secure as well.
- The app can be used easily, and is backed by 24-hour customer support through email or live chat. You do not need any technical knowledge for using This VPN service. The makers brand it as the easiest VPN service of the world.
- It is backed by high speed servers, and offers high-speed unlimited premium bandwidth to customers. Any user who wants to surf the internet at high speeds can find this VPN very useful for their needs.
- The official website for this network is easily navigable and easy to understand.
- At the moment, the VPN service provider offers a free trial period of 30 days to customers. This can be very useful for people who are skeptical about every new product or service and wish to test or try it for sometime before paying for it. Unlike other VPN agencies that offer a shorter trial period, the month-long trial period can be very useful for most customers. Even if you are to opt out after the period of 30 days ends, you will not be charged a single dollar.
Cons of the Virtual Shield VPN
- High Price
- Several features not ready yet and features that needs to be purchased extra
- You can’t bypass Netflix’s country restriction
- Only two ports in the settings
All in all not a bad VPN but for me just average. If you are looking for a better VPN take a look at Surfshark.