Last Updated on October 18, 2021 by HowToPioneer
According to industrial sources, more than 55% of internet users use cloud storage to share files. Almost everyone uses Google Drive for sharing documents and other files. This digital platform developed by Google is an example of cloud storage. From businesses to individuals, everyone needs professional and reliable cloud storage platforms.
In this article, we will discuss the top 5 cloud storage services and their features.
If you look for a secured cloud platform, Sync is the option for you. The platform offers excellent security due to the encrypted storage facility. You can share files with anyone, while no third-party users will not access those files. For sending confidential documents, businesses and individuals can rely on this platform. Some of the noteworthy features of this cloud storage service are :
- The platform comes with advanced share control options, a download restriction feature, 365-day history of sharing, etc.
- Other crucial features include document previews, file requests, offline access, auto camera upload, etc.
- Users can share an unlimited number of files. There will be no third-party tracking on the files shared by the users.
- The platform comes with compliance from GDPR, HIPAA, etc. Through end-to-end encryption, it delivers seamless security.
Sync is not a free platform, though it is affordable. The only problem is that the cloud service does not have any monthly billing option. You have to go for the default yearly subscription plans.
Live Drive is a cloud-sharing platform with an additional feature for creating an online backup drive for your crucial files. The good thing is that the service offers a complete online backup solution. For data backup, the service comes with facilities such as business backup, personal backup, reseller backup, etc.
- You can use LiveDrive to make backup simplified and automated. Users need to schedule the backup at their convenience.
- For data security, the cloud service features two-step verification for login. You have to log in through the password and an OTP.
- Using team folders, you can easily collaborate with your teams. For freelancers and startups, such features are helpful.
The service is affordable, and it comes with a 14-day trial. The platform is compatible with operating systems such as Windows, Android, iOS, and other leading operating systems.
IDrive is also a well-known cloud storage facility available for buyers. You can access the cloud storage space through your handheld device or desktop. For handheld device users, it comes with an application. The app is compatible with both Android and iOS. Some extraordinary features of IDrive are:
- You can create unlimited and automated backups with your IDrive account. Schedule the backups as per your time preferences.
- 256-bit AES encryption assures excellent data security. No third-party users can access your data on IDrive.
- IDrive gives 30 days to recover the deleted files. If you have mistakenly deleted an important document, you can recover it within 30 days.
When it comes to cloud storage, everyone knows about Dropbox. Among various cloud-based document sharing platforms, Dropbox is well-known to the users. This cloud storage service has existed for more than a decade. Thus, you can expect trustworthiness from this service provider.
- You can share all types of files with another Dropbox user. For example, you can share images, PowerPoint presentations, videos, MP3 audio files, and many more.
- Dropbox gives more controlling features to the admin. The admin can restrict the rights of the users on Dropbox.
- You can share big or small files anytime with anyone through Dropbox. You can keep the file as long as you want.
Technically, NextCloud is a little different from other cloud-hosted services. Instead of an online sharing platform, you can call NextCloud a platform for self-hosted file synchronization. It comes with free software which you need to install on your computer. Through this software, you can control, share, and monitor files with other NextCloud users.
- NextCloud works faster than other cloud storage platforms. File sharing happens quickly due to the self-hosted system.
- Both individuals and businesses can use the platform. Freelancers will find an excellent convenience in sharing files with their clients.
- NextCloud is an open-source platform. Thus, you can download and install it on your computer without paying anything for the cloud storage and sharing service.
Sharing and collaborations have become more accessible due to cloud storage services. While choosing a cloud storage service, you need to consider parameters such as security, storage space, affordability, and other features.